Madrid – Castile-La Mancha - Valencia Region - Murcia Region Line
During the period 2000-2006 co-financing was provided as follows:
- From the Cohesion Fund for track bed works on the Xátiva - Valencia section, the Motilla del Palancar - Iniesta - Minglanilla, Venta del Moro - Caudete de la Fuentes y Requena - Siete Aguas subsections of the Motilla del Palancar - Valencia section, the Fuentes - Monteagudo de las Salinas - Solera de Gabaldón - Motilla del Palancar, Gabaldón - Villanueva de la Jara - Villalgordo del Júcar - La Gineta - Albacete subsections of the Cuenca - Albacete section, and for phase I of the accesses to Alicante, with funding of 573.3 million Euros;
- from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Valencia Region's Integrated Operational Programme, for track bed works on the Access to Alicante / Elche, specifically the Sax - Elda - Monóvar - Novelda - Monforte del Cid - La Alcoraya subsections, with funding of 99.4 million Euros, and through the Murcia Region's Integrated Operational Programme, for track bed and track works on the access to the city of Murcia, with funding of 28.4 million Euros;
- from TEN-T (Trans-European Transport Network) funds for studies, projects and track-bed works on the Buñol - Cheste - Aldaya - Picanya subsections of the Motilla del Palancar - Valencia section, with funding of 48.2 million Euros.
During the period 2007-2013 co-financing will be provided as follows:
- From the Cohesion Fund within the ERDF Cohesion Fund’s Operational Programme, for track bed works on, among others, the Madrid-Fuentes section, the Valencia Railway Network Nudo Sur, Caudete - Sax, Alcoyara - Alicante subsections and accesses to Albacete, with funding of 725.8 million Euros;
- from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Valencia Region 2007-2013 Integrated Operational Programme, cofinancing for the track bed on the Elche-Límite section in the Murcia Region, with funding of 107.6 million Euros, for the supply and installation of tracks on the Xátiva-Valencia section, with 44.1 million Euros, and various facilities with estimated financing of 7.8 million Euros.
- The Operational Programmes of Castile-La Mancha 2007-2013 and Murcia 2007-2013 also co-finance various track bed sections and the supply and installation of tracks and facilities, with funding of 248.9 and 67.6 million Euros respectively.
- By TEN-T funds of 4.4 million euro for the implementation of the ERTMS (European Rail Traffic Management System) on the Albacete-Alicante section.
(Information at 31 December 2012)
European Investment Bank (EIB)
The European Investment Bank (EIB) collaborates in the funding of this project.