Historic stations

Zamora Station

It is undoubtedly one of the prettiest stations in Spain. Work on it began in 1927, directed by the engineer Marcelino Enríquez, stopping in 1932 and resuming in 1935, only to be halted once again during the Civil War (1936-1939), and being finally opened in 1958, one year after the Medina del Campo-Zamora-Orense-Vigo line (whose initials of MZOV world survive beyond the railway activity) was commissioned. A caricature of the Catholic Kings remains on its 88 metre long facade, this renaissance inspired work being a real architectural jewel whose arcades and perforated parapets bring to mind the late Gothic style. Apart from other appearances here, King Alfonso XIII made his last official visit to Zamora by train on 20 October, 1929 to visit work on the Esla reservoir. Generals Primo de Rivera and Franco were the ones who made most effort to integrate Zamora into the national rail network

Zamora Station