The overhead contact line system consists of the following parts:
- Catenary: formed by support cable, contact wire, false support or by hanging it in"Y"and equipotential bonding.
- Support elements: foundations, corbels, posts and porches.
- Connection elements: disconnectors, cables.
- Return circuit and protections.
- It is a simple polygonal cable-stayed catenary system in all profiles, vertical, with a “Y” hanger, without an arrow in the contact wire and made up of a supporter, a contact wire and equipotential hangers, mechanically compensated and suitable for running at 350 km / h.
- It has an independent mechanical compensation system for the holder and the contact wire.
- It is designed for power systems in 25 kV, 50 Hz, both in 1x25 kV and in 2x25 kV.
- It uses an aerial return cable and a main return rail as traction return system.. The return cable normally used is an Aluminum –Steel LA 110 mm2 cable (94AL1 / 22ST1A), according to the UNE-EN 50182 standard..
- Complies with the gauge dimensions in accordance with Order FOM / 1630/2015, of July 14, approving the"Railway Gauge Instruction".
Sustainer: 95 mm2 Copper Cable. C 95 UNE 207 015: 2013.
Contact wire: Cu Mg 0.5 BC-150 mm2 UNE-EN 50149: 2012.
16 mm2 Bronze II Suspension Cables.
Suspension cable in"Y"(false support) of Bronze II of 35 mm2.
In tunnels or in cases of double or triple corbels, the"Y"hanger or false support is eliminated when the distances between the different parts do not allow its assembly.